KETOWEG® is a product in liquid form intended for use in the prevention of ketosis and supplementation of energy in diets for dairy cows. Negative energy balance results in subclinical ketosis, which is a common metabolic disease developing in cows with high milk production potential. It contributes to a significant reduction in productivity and increase in susceptibility to many diseases, such as mastitis, metritis and abomasum displacement.
KETOWEG® is used in the feeding of dairy cows during the near-calving period and in the first 100 days of lactation.
Propylene glycol, Glycerine
Niacin (nicotinic acid)
Vitamin E (3a700 α-tocopherol)
Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin)
Zinc-Zn E6 (zinc chelate)
Selenium-Se E8 (sodium selenite )
Fatty cows in condition 4.0 BCS and above:
- orally starting from day 5 prior to the planned calving at a dose of 250 ml / pcs. / day
- orally after calving for 10 days at a dose of 250 ml / pcs. / day
Apathetic cows, lacking appetite (after calving up to 90 days of lactation):
- orally for 7 up to 14 days at a dose of 500 ml / pcs. / day
Supplementation of energy in a daily dose:
- to the TMR mixture in an amount of 10 – 20 l/ 1 000 kg
KETOWEG® used per os – as an infusion into the mouth – ensures effective protection against the development of ketosis in dairy cows. When using the product with TMR mix, apart from increasing energy of the dose and dry matter intake, the additional benefit is the increase in viscosity of the feed. Thus, it is not so easy for the cow to sort the feed and the risk of acidosis is reduced.
- provides glucoplastic substances which increase the glucose level in blood
- introduces methyl groups necessary for normal metabolism in the liver
- supplements ingredients substantial for the improvement of immunity of the cow's organism: Vitamin E, selenium and zinc
- improves fat metabolism - provides niacin, vitamin necessary for the synthesis of L-carnitine, which transports fatty acids through the mitochondrial membranes and facilitates their oxidation
- prevents fatty liver disease - choline is used in the synthesis of phosphatidylcholine (lecithin), which is necessary for the formation of the fat carrier VLDL, that removes fat and cholesterol from the liver
Download Pdf format: